I eventually tracked down Jose Adan, the kid I sponsor. I hadn't met him before. He is thirteen. He was playing with a friend of his. I exchanged a few phrases in my limited Spanish with him. I thought some physical activity would fill the awkwardness so I proceeded to climb on top of a wooden pole holding up one end of the clothes line they were playing under. I sat on the top for a while. I think they were impressed, or perhaps puzzled and laughed. I then rolled backwards and hung upside down for a bit from my knees. I was all set for a flamboyant dismount when I realised that I had hooked my jeans to a couple of big nails on the top of the pole. This entertained him and his friend even more. I didn't think I would be able to get back up right and was considering a cry for help to some other adults within earshot. Well, after some effort, I did manage to pull myself upright and un-hook myself. I now have a rip in my jeans.
Oh well. We didn't exactly bond but I think he was entertained.
- A few parting thoughts
- The Final Two Days (part 3 - the final day)
- The Final Two Days (part 2 - the ice cream party)
- The Final Two Days (part 1)
- Greatest hits
- A place called home
- Closing out the incredible week at in Honduras
- How can it be Thursday ALREADY??
- Touring Teguc
- Another day, another lesson
- Soccer Blow-Out
- What a day!
- Too Many Hours with a Wheelbarrow?
- Thursday afternoon - on work crew again!
- Impressed by El Hogar
- Sopa con banana, take 2
- Thursday visit to the Episcopal Agricultural Schoo...
- My friend Pedro
- Kids at School and Play
- Return to Amarateca
- Things that Go Honk in the Night
- A day at the Instituto Technico Santa Maria
- Wheelbarrow Capsize
- Another day, another reality check
- Creating The Bean Blog
- The Widowmaker
- Day 4 of our Honduras trip is winding down, I am s...
- All the hard labor we could ask for - and then som...
- Sweat, Tortillas, Dirt, and Tears
- Day 3! More beans!!! We are having so much fun.. W...
- Play-time Snag
- A very full Monday at El Hogar!
- It is, after all, a school
- Where do I begin?
- A day of thanks
- Arrival weekend in Tegucigalpa!
- A Trip to the Chinese Market
- Arrival in Honduras
- Beanie-Baby Workout
- Third time's a Charm
- ▼ May (43)